What are the strategies for a technical SEO audit for a website?
In this article, you’ll find out how to complete a technical SEO audit in simple and easy steps. The first step is to find out what your technical SEO goals are. That might sound like a given, but it’s important because choosing your objectives will tell you which tools to use and which pages to focus on.
What is a Technical SEO Audit?
A technical SEO audit is an in-depth analysis of a website’s technical aspects that could be affecting its search engine rankings. This type of audit can help uncover potential issues that may be holding a website back from achieving its full potential in the SERPs.
Technical SEO audits can be complex, but they don’t have to be! In this blog post, we’ll walk you through the basics of what you need to do to complete a technical SEO audit.
1. Conduct a site crawl: The first step in any technical SEO audit is to crawl the website using a tool like Screaming Frog. This will help you to identify any potential issues with the website’s structure, such as broken links, duplicate content, and more.
Why is a Technical SEO Audit Necessary?
A technical SEO audit is a process for assessing your website against best practices for search engine optimization. It’s an important step in improving your website’s visibility and organic traffic.
Many factors can impact your website’s ranking in search engine results pages (SERPs), and a technical SEO audit can help you identify potential issues and make recommendations for improvement.
Common areas that are covered in a technical SEO audit include:
- Site structure
- URL structure
- Page speed
- Mobile responsiveness
- Crawling and sitemaps
- Meta tags and title tags
- Content quality
- External linking
- Internal linking
An experienced SEO consultant or agency can help you complete a technical SEO audit, or you can follow the steps below to do it yourself. But, keep in mind that you can do it only if you know about SEO otherwise go to the SEO expert agency. Like BinshafiqDigital marketing agency in Lahore. Most trustable agency in Lahore.we are known as the Top-best SEO expect in Lahore at very affordable packages.
How to Conduct a Technical SEO Audit
Assuming you have a solid understanding of what SEO is and why it’s important for your website, let’s get into how to conduct a technical SEO audit. Technical SEO audits are important because they help you identify any issues that may be holding your website back from ranking higher in search engine results pages (SERPs).
1. The first step is to crawl your website. This can be done with a tool like Screaming Frog. Crawling your website will allow you to see all of the technical aspects of your site, including things like your title tags, meta descriptions, header tags, etc. Once you have a full crawl of your site, it’s time to start auditing each page. Begin by looking at your title tags. Are they all unique? Do they accurately reflect the content on the page? Are they the correct length?
2. Next, take a look at your meta descriptions: Again, are they all unique? Do they accurately describe the content on the page? Are they the correct length?
3. Header: Another important element to look at is your header tags (H1, H2, H3, etc.). Check to make sure they are being used correctly and that they will be able to give you the right source of structure that can help for your right kind of SEO.
4. Test Site Speed: When it comes to SEO, your site speed is an important factor. People dislike waiting for websites to load, therefore the longer it takes, the more likely it is that they will lose interest and leave.
So, no technical SEO audit is complete without testing your website’s speed.
What is the relation between page load speed and bounce rate?
If your website takes 5 seconds to load, the probability of bounce increases by 90%.
5.Search on Google: Finally, the easiest way of checking how many of your pages are indexed is using the site:domain Google Search parameter. In the search bar, input site:yourdomain and press enter. The search results will show you every page on your website that has been indexed by Google.
If you want to improve your website’s ranking in search engines, then you need to start with a technical SEO audit. This process can seem daunting, but it doesn’t have to be. By following these simple steps, you can quickly and easily complete a technical SEO audit that will help you identify areas of improvement for your website. Once you’ve completed your audit, be sure to implement the recommendations so that your website can start climbing the search engine rankings. Hope this blog clears most of the questions related to technical SEO audit.